A number of weeks again we did one thing a bit totally different.
Everybody throughout the corporate dropped their work, canceled all conferences, and spent every week engaged on tasks that weren’t on our roadmap.
We known as it Construct Week.
Why? Properly, at Buffer, we all know the very best concepts don’t at all times come from of standard kinds of labor.
A Construct Week was one thing we’ve talked about doing at Buffer for years.
We’d beforehand run hackathons and paper-cut periods the place the engineering groups would put time apart to work on tasks outdoors of their typical day-to-day work.
However with Construct Week, we went larger, encouraging everybody within the firm to get entangled.
Two weeks earlier than Construct Week, dozens of Bufferoos submitted their concepts to Construct
Week. Concepts ranged from small enhancements within the product, to new touchdown pages.
Every of us voted on the concepts we preferred finest after which grouped into 16 small groups of 4-6 to get to work.
All through the week we shared brief updates with the corporate to showcase our progress. The devoted #build-week Slack channel was alive with Loom movies, and prototypes as groups shared their work.
And after 4 days, 32(ish) hours, and 80 teammates getting concerned, we had created an entire host of recent tasks. Have a look 👇
Most of our crew labored on product enhancements, some small, some a lot bigger. Lots of which haven’t been launched but (extra on that later), however have made it into the product. Right here’s what we constructed:
Connect Google Images to your posts
Including a Google Photograph to your publish simply bought an entire lot simpler. With only one click on you possibly can open up your Google Images account and fasten the picture you wish to your publish!
See your teammates’ title subsequent to their posts
Now you possibly can see precisely which crew member wrote every of the posts in your queue or drafts.
Gravatar profile photos pulled into Buffer
Not solely will you see your teammates’ title, you’ll see their faces too! Profile photos (saved in Gravatar) will now be pulled instantly into Buffer.
Analytics for Instagram Reels
This one will likely be music to the ears of many Instagram followers. Analytics (together with impressions, attain, engagement, likes, and extra) at the moment are obtainable for Instagram Reels.
Analytics for despatched Instagram posts
We’ve made measuring your efficiency even easier. See how your Instagram posts have carried out straight from the despatched posts web page. High-level analytics will seem proper below the publish serving to you see when you hit, or missed the mark.
Empty your queue with bulk deletion
Bought a bunch of failed posts caught in your queue? Need to begin afresh and take away all of your queued posts? Now it takes only a click on. Head to settings to wash or empty your queue.
Preview movies earlier than you publish
When importing a video publish to Buffer, now you can preview the video as a substitute of simply the thumbnail.
Default timezone based mostly in your location
Beforehand when people would arrange Buffer, we’d assign them a London timezone by default. Not nice for folks posting from Portland or tweeters tweeting from Tokyo. Now, Buffer makes use of your browser’s timezone to find out the in-app timezone.
Twice as many colours in campaigns
Beforehand, customers might select from 9 marketing campaign colours. Now we have now an extra 9 pastel variations of our present palette for extra selection.
Hashtag supervisor obtainable on all channels
Beforehand, the hashtag supervisor (used to retailer all of your teams of hashtags) was solely obtainable for Instagram posts. Now it’s obtainable on each channel.
That’s only a style of among the issues we constructed. There have been seven different product updates labored on throughout Construct Week, however they’re not able to launch simply but. Maintain your eye on our Changelog web page or our Twitter account to see after they drop, however to moist your urge for food, right here’s among the options on the playing cards 👇
- Recipes: take away the guesswork & writers block from content material planning
- Streaks: Construct a constant posting behavior with Buffer streaks. Ship or schedule posts each day to maintain your streak going and declare your reward.
- Channel Wizard: A wizard that asks a couple of questions after which steered a couple of channels that may be essentially the most impactful after I’m beginning social media for enterprise.
- Feedback on Drafts: Completely different crew members can touch upon drafted posts.
- Referral Codes: Refer Buffer to your mates to win prizes!
- Weekly Report Card: A weekly e mail documenting the way you’ve carried out on social over the earlier week.
- Your Yr in Evaluation: Simply preferred Spotify Wrapped, however for Buffer. See how what you’ve achieved over the previous 12 months.
We hope to ship a few of these further options quickly.
However Buffer’s Construct Week wasn’t nearly transport product options. We wished to work on different tasks too. Most of those tasks are designed to advertise our tradition and values, have a look. 👀
- The Bufferoo Map: A reside map on our website displaying precisely the place every Buffer worker works from 🔗 https://buffer.com/map
- A Time Off Dashboard: At Buffer, we provide limitless vacation. Need to know precisely how a lot time we take off? Now you possibly can! 🔗 https://buffer.com/timeoff
- What Buffer is Studying: Each Buffer worker can expense any e book they’re studying. For this (last) mission, we constructed a web page that showcases what we’re studying proper now. 🔗 https://buffer.com/books
Properly that’s a wrap!
In simply 4 days we managed to supply a fairly mind-blowing variety of tasks.
We have been thrilled by our progress. However what do you assume? Have you ever tried a Construct Week earlier than with comparable outcomes? Tweet us to tell us.
Oh, do you wish to counsel some concepts for us to work on subsequent time? Drop them right here.