Are you curious about proudly owning your personal Chick-fil-A franchise? In that case, you’re possible questioning concerning the possession course of and what’s concerned.
On this weblog submit, we’ll reply among the mostly requested questions on Chick-fil-A franchising. We’ll additionally present a number of suggestions that can assist you decide if proudly owning a Chick-fil-A is the precise alternative for you.
So, whether or not you’re simply beginning to discover franchise alternatives otherwise you’re able to take the subsequent step, maintain studying for useful details about Chick-fil-A possession.
What’s a Chick-fil-A Franchise?
A Chick-fil-A franchise is a restaurant chain specializing in hen sandwiches and different associated menu gadgets. Their emblem is a Chick-fil-A cow standing in entrance of the restaurant with the phrases “Eat Mor Chikin” written on it.
Their headquarters is positioned in Faculty Park, Georgia. The primary Chick-fil-A restaurant opened in 1967 in Atlanta, Georgia, and so they now have over 2,800 eating places, largely within the US.
Chick-fil-A Franchise Historical past
The corporate was based in 1946 by S. Truett Cathy. The franchise mannequin is predicated on a easy method: produce a top quality product at an affordable worth and supply glorious customer support.
This has helped Chick-fil-A to grow to be one of the vital profitable restaurant chains within the nation. Along with its menu gadgets, the corporate can be recognized for its Christian values and conservative stance on social points. This has sometimes led to controversy, but it surely has additionally endeared the corporate to a loyal buyer base.
Is a Chick-fil-A Franchise Proper for You?
Now that a little bit bit extra about Chick-fil-A and what they provide, it’s time to resolve if proudly owning certainly one of their franchises is best for you. Right here are some things to think about:
- Chick-fil-A is a well-established model with a loyal buyer base.
- They’ve a confirmed enterprise mannequin that’s profitable in each good and unhealthy financial instances.
- Their eating places are typically positioned in high-traffic areas.
- Chick-Fil-A gives complete coaching and assist for franchisees.
- They provide a singular product that isn’t simply replicated by their opponents.
- You don’t truly personal or obtain any fairness while you personal a restaurant. Chick-Fil-A owns it and also you’re thought of an “Operator.” This implies you may’t promote your Chick-Fil-A location or go it on to anybody.
- Chick-Fil-A insists that the Franchise house owners of their quick meals eating places work at their location full-time working the day-to-day operations. This isn’t a passive funding, in contrast to many different franchises.
- A franchise proprietor can not open a number of places, which may restrict your earnings.
How A lot Do Chick-fil-A Franchises Value?
To get began with your personal Chick-Fil-A franchise, you’ll must pay an preliminary funding of solely $10,000. Whereas the restaurant can value wherever between $342,990 and $1,982,225 to begin, a franchisee is just accountable for the preliminary franchise charge. Chick-Fil-A covers the remainder.
Easy methods to Turn out to be a Chick-fil-A Franchisee
When you’re concerned about changing into a franchisee listed here are the steps:
1. Attend an informational session
You’ll first must attend an informational session to study extra concerning the franchising course of. Throughout this session, you’ll have the chance to ask any questions you’ll have about proudly owning a Chick-fil-A franchise.
2. Submit an software
After attending an informational session, you’ll be capable to submit a web-based software. As soon as your software is reviewed, you’ll be contacted to schedule an interview. To organize to your interview, it’s a good suggestion to evaluation the corporate’s historical past and values.
3. Interview with Chick-fil-A
Throughout your interview, you’ll meet with a franchising consultant from the Chick-Fil-A company who will ask you questions on your background, expertise, and why you need to personal a Chick-fil-A franchise. They will even assess whether or not you’re a very good match for the corporate. That is additionally a very good time so that you can ask any questions you’ll have concerning the franchising course of.
4. Be accredited by the Franchise Board
When you’re accredited by the Franchise Board, you’ll be capable to signal a franchise settlement and start the method of opening your personal restaurant. When you’ve gotten this far, congratulations! Not many individuals are given the chance to grow to be a franchisee of a Chick-Fil-A quick meals restaurant.
5. Full coaching
After you’ve signed your franchise settlement, you’ll want to finish a multi-week coaching program at Chick-fil-A’s Restaurant Assist Heart in Atlanta, Georgia. This program will train you every little thing you’ll want to learn about working a Chick-fil-A restaurant.
6. Open your restaurant
When you’ve accomplished coaching, you’ll be able to open your personal restaurant. You’ll be supported all through the method by Chick-fil-A’s skilled staff of franchise consultants. They’ll provide help to with every little thing from website choice to grand opening.
How Worthwhile Is a Chick-fil-A Franchise?
Chick-fil-A is without doubt one of the most worthwhile quick meals chains in america, bringing in over $11 billion in annual gross sales.
That’s behind solely McDonald’s which has over $40 billion in annual gross sales. On common, house owners make $220,000 per yr. Chick-fil-A eating places additionally common $5.3 million in annual gross sales.
Essential Data for Potential Chick-fil-A Franchisees
When you’re seeking to open a Chick-fil-A franchise, there are a number of extra issues it’s best to know, akin to:
- The chain is closed on Sundays, in addition to on Thanksgiving and Christmas. That is because of the firm’s non secular roots. The founder, S. Truett Cathy, was a religious Southern Baptist.
- Chick-fil-A not solely has places in 47 states throughout america and Washington D.C., but in addition in Puerto Rico, Canada, South Africa, and the UK.
- Along with the preliminary franchise charge of $10,000, Chick-fil-A operators pay a 15% royalty charge plus a further 50% of pretax revenue.
- What’s extra, is that they require that their franchisees not have some other energetic enterprise ventures. So when you’re a serial entrepreneur, being a Chick-Fil-A operator isn’t for you.
- There are over 20,000 purposes yearly, however solely 75 to 80 get accepted to open new franchises annually (about 0.4% on the excessive finish). So it’s clear that competitors for these spots is fierce.
- The choice course of can take wherever from 12 to 24 months. So when you’re eager about opening a Chick-fil-A franchise, be ready for a protracted and tough course of.
Extra in: Franchise Alternatives